by H. C. Andersen
Syvende historie. Hvad der skete i snedronningens slot og hvad der siden skete
“Seventh Story: What Happened in the Snow Queen’s Castle and What Happened Since”
Ah, this story reminded me why I love this fairy tale as much as I do – the healing and strength of love, and the elevation of mature innocence and good-heartedness. I’m all for that plus:
- Many feelings!
- Love and joy beat rationality and reason for reaching/knowing eternity
- Also religious undertones – eternity through Christ rather than reason
- Did the SQ know? (If Kai could spell eternity he would be his own master and own the world and get a new pair of skates)
- Gerda’s tears frees/thaws his heart, but Kai frees his own sight = achieves his own mastery
- Joy, innocence, and child-like in maturity is closer to eternity than reason and logic
- Many feelings!!
- Reminded of a play I think saw, on small intimate stage